Event: Festival Antigonish Summer Theatre
Fri, Jul 8, 2016 to Mon, Aug 22, 2016
Festival Antigonish has a fabulous line-up for our July & August 2015 including Opening Night by Norm Foster, Outside Mullingar by John Patrick Shanley, Lungs by Duncan MacMillan, and a Robert Munsch family show for all ages! Plus Junior Theatre Day Camps and a Residential Youth Theatre Program in August.
MAIN STAGE 2015
OPENING NIGHT by Norm Foster
• July 9 - August 22
• “A wise, witty and winning comedy.” - THE MONTREAL GAZETTE
• “A time bomb of hilarity.” - MONTREAL DAILY NEWS
OUTSIDE MULLINGAR by John Patrick Shanley
• July 16 - August 22
• “Mr Shanley’s finest work since Doubt.” - NEW YORK TIMES
• “A valentine to the wonder and weirdness of love” – NEW YORK DAILY NEWS
LUNGS by Duncan Macmillan
• August 4 - August 21
• “Brutally honest, funny, edgy and current.” – THE GUARDIAN
• "Expands and contracts time before our eyes. 5 stars!” - WHAT’S ON STAGE
FAMILY STAGE 2015
MUNSCH UPON A TIME adapted by Debbie Patterson
• July 23 - August 8
• Three classic stories from Canada’s most beloved children’s author – The Paper Bag Princess, The Fire Station & David’s Father – plus new favourites, Give Me Back My Dad! And It’s My Room! Another larger than life, kid friendly entertainment our young audiences have come to expect.
RESIDENTIAL THEATRE CAMP FOR AGES 13+
• August 9 - 15
• Located on the picturesque StFX campus, this five-day residential camp led by the professional actors of the Festival Antigonish Young Company offers participants between the ages of
• twelve to fifteen a fun-based immersive experience.
WHIPPERSNAPPERS' THEATRE CAMP FOR AGES 6+
• August 17-21
• Five days of theatre games, movement, and music to sharpen observation and concentration skills, ignite imagination, and boost self-confidence and poise..