Event: Devour! The Food Film Fest
Fri, Nov 4, 2016 to Tue, Nov 8, 2016
Devour! The Food Film Fest is the world’s largest film festival dedicated to all things culinary. Come celebrate cinema, food and wine with us in Canada’s Secret Foodie Destination ( The Hollywood Reporter ) and the New Napa of the North ( Gusto TV ). No one celebrates food and wine better than Wolfville. Driven by a focus on local agriculture, home of many celebrated chefs and situated in the heart of wine country, Wolfville appeals to the foodie in everyone.
Event Highlights Include:
• Devour! Opening Gala where a well-known personality curates their favourite food film of all time and the evening is kicked off with the Devour! Opening Gala Reception Featuring The Order of Good Cheer where Nova Scotia’s finest chefs come together to create a feast for the senses showcasing spectacular local cuisine.
• A F east for the Senses on Screen - our programmers have put together one of the best culinary cinema programs featuring over 50 new films hot off the global film festival circuit.
• Devour! The Workshops - a comprehensive series of inspiring panels and hands-on industry sessions for all.
• The Golden Tine Awards - “Best of The Fest” awards in four categories selected by an esteemed jury from around the world.
• Devour! The Bounty of King’s County - delicious food and wine-focused excursions throughout the county including the return of the popular All You Need is Cheese Express, the Bubbles Bus, the Cajun-Acadian Express and the addition of a Crafty Beer Bus.
• Choose your own food adventure. There's a little something for every taste bud and price point–from celebrated international chefs paired with local chefs to create decadent feasts based on films in the program to $5 dishes at The Select Nova Scotia Food Truck Rally, one of the hottest food rages in North America hits the streets of Wolfville over multiple days.
• Devour! The Day Trip - This is your chance to steal away for an evening or relax, revel and explore our program over a few days. There will be daily rides to and from Halifax packaged up with stays in both Halifax & Wolfville, depending on where you want to lay your head at the end of a packed Devour! day.