Package: Sail the Bras d'Or Lake
Wed, Jun 15, 2016 to Sat, Oct 15, 2016
Come aboard the Misty Cat for an unforgettable sailing adventure on the pristine waters of the Bras d’Or Lake, central to Cape Breton Island and recently recognized as a UNESCO Biosphere Reserve. Your hospitable captain, Greg Silver, will help chart a course, given your preferences for sightseeing and on-the-water activities, as well as wind direction, before setting sail.
Itinerary options include: a transit through the historic St. Peter’s canal, which has linked the Atlantic Ocean to the Bras d’Or Lake since 1865; a sailing tour of island-studded Lennox Passage and its modern-day mussel farms on the ocean side; or a gentle reach up the St. Peter’s Inlet and into the Bras d’Or Lake. The full day sailing package also includes a delicious lunch prepared by the Bras d’Or Lakes Inn, and some swimming if you wish. Wherever you go, you’re bound to see bald eagles overhead, maybe some seals and pilot whales, herons along the shore, and stunning vistas of the coastline that you only get from a vantage point at sea.
Experienced sailors will enjoy the chance to command Misty Cat’s innovative wishbone rig. Or just relax aboard this surprisingly comfortable Nonsuch-class sailing yacht to enjoy the ride, the conversation and the scenery.
This package for two includes:
• Two $30 dinner vouchers - covers table d’hôte selections
• One nights’ accommodation in a King or Standard (two double beds) room at Bras d'Or Lakes Inn
• Two continental breakfasts
• Full day or half day sailing excursion with Cape Breton Sailing Charters
• Picnic lunch for two aboard the sailboat - included with full day sail only
• One hour free use of kayak, canoe, SUP (stand-up paddle board) or pedal boat (based on availability)
Full Day Sailing Package: $269 per person
Half Day Sailing Package: $205 per person
Add an extra person to the Full Day Sailing Package for $200 or the Half Day Sailing Package for $135.