Package: Stones, Steeples, Ships and Seafood
Sun, May 1, 2016 to Mon, Oct 31, 2016
Stones, Steeples, Ships & Seafood
Historic and cultural experiences. Interpretive walking tour of the Town of Digby
• Settlers and seafarers
• An historic stroll along Admiral's Walk, the Digby waterfront and Marina - History of the fishing industry depicted and interpreted in amazing carvings.
• Fisherman's Wharf and the Scallop and Lobster Fleets - An active wharf where we can see the boats up close.
• Succulent seafood sampling - At the Shoreline Restaurant , a chance to taste our famous seafood. A voucher will be provided.
• Historic Homes - Many old Queen Street homes exhibit interesting architecture and all have a story to tell.
• Trinity Anglican Church - Gothic Revival architecture, one of the most beautiful churches in Nova Scotia. A tour of the grounds and the inside of the church.
• Admiral Digby Museum - mid 1800s Georgian Style Home
We will meet along the waterfront next to the Digby Town Visitor Information Centre, 110 Montague Row. After a brief orientation, we will begin our journey. This leisurely stroll is approximately 2.5 kilometres long and will take 2 hours or more.
Rates for a 2-3 hour tour
• Adults: $26.00
• Youth (under 16): $20.00
• Children under 5: no charge
• Family or group rates available.
Most tours are at 10 AM or 2 PM. Please call or email to check times and book a tour in advance.