Package: Candlelight Acadian/Mi'kmaq tour
Wed, Jun 1, 2016 to Sat, Oct 15, 2016
Stroll along the shores where the Acadians first arrived in North America and and the Mi’Kwaw have lived for thousands of years on a memorable evening candlelight experience with Alan Melanson, a 10th generation Acadian (of Candlelight Graveyard Tour fame).
Meander down the thoroughfare where the Acadians would have walked and see the fort which served as capital for both the French and the English. You will visit the wharf where 1664 Acadians were deported from Annapolis Royal and hear Alan's amazing personal story of his ancestors' deportation. You will visit the site where the history book was written that was used as reference for the legendary poem "Evangeline".
• Enjoy a romantic modern-day Acadian love story
• Discover the Acadian-Cajun connection
• Kick up your heels and put your best foot forward with a simple Acadian dance to Acadian music
• Learn about the Mi’kmaq and First Nations culture and how the people have enriched this province with their legends, art, music , spirituality, history, and language
• Discover the Acadian secrets to making Rappie Pie (and be treated to a taste)
• plus take home an Acadian Heritage booklet with fun facts, tasty recipes and traditional dances