Package: Overnight and Extended Stay Packages
Wed, Jun 15, 2016 to Tue, Oct 18, 2016
Our overnight charter runs from 1-6 nights. We can arrange for catered food ($85 for one overnight stay or 75 per day). If you prefer to cook your own meals, the yacht comes equipped with a beautiful fully functional kitchen. We also have a grocery shopping service and will deliver requested items prior to your arrival or during the stay. We ask any special food requests must be at least a week in advanced of arrival. This includes food allergies/ aversions/ special requests (lobster, high end alcohol beverages, organic food) these thing may take a longer time to get or put together.
Any over night stay includes -
• day sailing to different coves and inlets across the lake
• any activities you would like to partake in on the water (hiking, kayaking, snorkelling, scuba diving)
• pre arranged food and beverage service (alcohol is extra)
• a mooring/anchorage site where the boat will stay overnight
The crew will leave you safely anchored for the night and arrive back in the morning to start the day.
Kayaks are for rent. This costs approximately 25 dollars a day with life jacket. These are only rentals, we don't do tours or guilds. Any basic questions on how to use the equipment will be explained. Guests can use the kayaks within the town of Baddeck and area or they can be transported on the boat to another location. Washabuck River is a great place to explore by kayak. It becomes too shallow for most motorized boats.
Further inquiries must be made through us during the booking process if you wish to partake in scuba diving. The gear is all rented through a local business. Prices may vary during the season (*** this may include the cost of health or liability insurance)
Snorkelling gear is included on the boat for anyone to use at no extra cost. Most of the inlets and coves will be the areas best suited for such activities(protected, shallow, and warmer water)
Some areas that we will frequent over a overnight/weekend or extended stay charter for hiking and exploring are:
• Whycocomagh Mountain Provincial Park(about 1 hour hike and a quarter mile walk from the Whycocomagh wharf) there are are few trails to choose from and a spectacular view from the top
• Marble Mountain
• Maskells Harbour - beach and shoreline to explore. This is also one of our over night mooring spots and a popular place to swim and snorkel.
• Washabuck River - with coves and inlets in from the main lake this is a great place to kayak or take the dingy out for a ride up the river. This area becomes too shallow at many spots for motorized boats to get. It is also on of our anchorages areas to stop and relax, swim and explore.