Package: Tobeatic Wilderness Experience
Fri, Jul 1, 2016 to Tue, Nov 1, 2016
Part of the UNESCO Southwest Nova Biosphere Reserve and a designated Dark Sky Preserve, the Tobeatic Wilderness Area is the largest remaining wild area in the Maritimes and is characterized by unique barren and semi-barren landscapes with outstanding glacial landforms, old-growth pine and hemlock forests, undisturbed wildlife habitat, kilometres of wilderness trails, and a myriad of interconnected lakes, streams and rivers that were first traveled by the Mi'kmaq and supported a world-class "sportman's" guiding tradition through the late 19th and early 20th century.
Led by your Certified Wilderness Guide, you'll canoe and hike into the pristine Tobeatic Wilderness Reserve, where you'll set up base camp then spend the next 3-5 days hiking, swimming, and canoeing this pristine environment. Your guide will also teach you basic wilderness survival and wildlife tracking techniques.
• Transportation from Halifax Area accommodations to the Tobeatic Wilderness Area
• All canoeing equipment
• Customized wilderness experience, based on your interest and skill level
• All meals, snacks and water
• Tent and cots (sleeping bags and backpacks are not included, but rentals are available)
• 3-Day Tour starts at $1150 (Single or Couple), plus $110 per extra person
• 5-Day Tour starts at $1490 (Single or Couple), plus $175 per extra person