Package: Heli-Hiking into the Tobeatic Wilderness
Fri, Jul 1, 2016 to Tue, Nov 1, 2016
Travel by helicopter into the Tobeatic Wilderness Area for 7-days of total wilderness immersion and the tranquility it offers.
Part of the UNESCO Southwest Nova Biosphere Reserve and a designated Dark Sky Preserve, the Tobeatic Wilderness Area is the largest remaining wild area in the Maritimes and is characterized by unique barren and semi-barren landscapes with outstanding glacial landforms, old-growth pine and hemlock forests, undisturbed wildlife habitat, kilometres of wilderness trails, and a myriad of interconnected lakes, streams and rivers that were first traveled by the Mi'kmaq and supported a world-class "sportman's" guiding tradition through the late 19th and early 20th century.
Led by your Certified Wilderness Guide, you'll set up base camp then spend the next 7-days hiking, swimming, and canoeing this pristine environment. Your guide will also teach you basic wilderness survival and wildlife tracking techniques.
• Transportation from Halifax Area accommodations to the Halifax Stanfield International Airport
• Helicopter flight with Vision Air Services from Halifax Stanfield International Airport to the Tobeatic Wilderness Area
• All canoeing equipment
• Private tent furnished with cots, table and chair
• All meals, snacks and water
• Sleeping bags and backpacks are not included, but rentals are available
Price starts at $3850 for up to two people.