Package: Dining on the Ocean Floor
Mon, Jun 27, 2016 to Mon, Sep 12, 2016
Enjoy a culinary experience like no other with a feast on the ocean floor. The meal was described by one guest as amazing and said dining on the ocean floor is a “must do for your bucket list.”
You will begin this culinary adventure at Burntcoat Head Park - the site of the world’s highest recorded tides located on the Bay of Fundy. In 2014 the Bay of Fundy was declared one of the Seven Natural Wonders of North America, along with the Grand Canyon, Yellowstone National Park, Yosemite National Park, the Everglades, Niagara Falls and the giant redwoods of California found in Sequoia National Park and Redwoods National Park.
So your adventure starts in the right setting - one of the top 7 wonders of North America!
You will meet local experts and have a guided tour of the shore with Newell's Jewels Edibles and the head guide from Burntcoat Head Park.
Then enjoy an intimate four course locally sourced dinner paired with local wine (Avondale Sky) and beer pairings (Meander River) set directly on the ocean floor at low tide - hours after your meal ends the location will be 50 feet underwater! Don’t worry you will be safely enjoying the sunset around a bonfire atop the ocean cliffs nearby, with a full belly, as the tide gently rolls in.
Dinner on the Ocean Floor Menu
• Lobster Claws, Clams, Blue Mussels
• Proscuitto, Bresolla, Chorizo
• Rancher Acres Goat Cheese, Blue Harbor Blue
• Wandering Sheppard Ewes Milk Cheese
• Knoydart Organic Caerphilly
• ?Artisanal Bread, Rye Crackers, Pickles and Chutney
"High Tide, Low Tide"
• Local grilled Pasture Raised Beef
• Butter poached lobster tail
• Over Shore Succotash with organic vegetables & forged sea greens and kelp.
"Sun & Moon Meet"
• Fresh seasonal berries, lavender phyllo with Grand Marnier Mascarpone Cream
• June 27, 2015
• July 25, 2015
• August 15, 2015
• September 12, 2015
Exact times to be confirmed at time of booking to correlate with tide times. Accommodation packages and or transportation packages available at the Flying Apron Inn.
• Wear comfortable footwear and be prepared for some muddy patches
• Bring a hat, sunglasses, sunscreen and a windbreaker as it can be cooler on the shore
• Some terrain is moderately difficult to navigate your way to the ocean floor