Package: Kayak & Photo Tour Of McNab's Island
Wed, Jun 22, 2016 to Wed, Nov 30, 2016
There is no better way to experience the summer magic of Halifax than this! You'll start this unforgettable evening by traveling across the Halifax harbour with local photographer, Geordie from Picture Perfect Tours to picturesque Fisherman's Cove in Eastern Passage. Located 20 minutes from downtown Halifax, Fisherman's Cove is a jewel in the harbour. This restored 200-year old fishing village offers a beautiful, beachside boardwalk, shops and active fishing community.
Once we arrive, you'll have time to explore and take some amazing pictures as we get your kayaks ready for a short paddle across to historic McNab's Island. Marc Richard and his crew at KayakNS will have kayaks waiting for us and will provide expert instruction as we make the quick journey across to McNab's. With over 20 years of paddling experience, Marc will keep you safe and help even novice kayakers feel like pros.
With Geordie clicking away from his kayak, we'll capture all your moments in the water as we glide to McNab's Island. Once across, Geordie will lead you on a tour of McNab's to photograph some of the island's historic ruins and unforgettable harbour vistas you can't experience anywhere else in Halifax. You'll also be given photography insights to help you learn more about your camera and capture great images. As the sun sets, we'll paddle back to Fisherman's Cove.
This tour is approximately 5-6 hours in length and includes:
• Pick up and drop off within the Halifax Regional Municipality
• Licensed transport to Fisherman's Cove with professional Picture Perfect Tours tour guide, in our luxurious 11-passenger Mercedes Sprinter van
• Private kayak safety instruction from certified instructors at KayakNS
• Kayak and gear rental for the tour
• Images of our kayak experience by Picture Perfect Tours' professional photographer
• Historical tour of selected sites on McNab's Island
• Beverages (bottled water, juice, pop, etc.)
• Stops at scenic coastal spots for photo opportunities
• Gift pack of postcards and 5-10 digital photos of your excursion
We have also put together a few digital slide shows of archival imagery highlighting the remarkable past of McNab's Island as a Mi'kmaq settlement, military outpost, burial ground to deserting sailors, family estates, pop bottle factory, 19th century fairgrounds and now a Provincial Park, so you can see the history of this small island.