Location: Cape Breton Highlands National Park, 1 km from the eastern entrance of the park. The campground is a sparsely wooded, quiet campground that is just a 10 minute walk to a sandy ocean and freshwater lake beach.
Ingonish Beach Campground has 51 tenting sites with fireplaces, 5 equipped tenting sites and 4 oTENTiks. Many amenities located close by in the village of Ingonish Beach.
• Washrooms with hot showers and flush toilets
• Potable water
• Kitchen shelters with picnic tables and wood stoves
• Group fireplaces
• Nearby: laundry, camping supplies, internet, groceries, gas station, restaurants
• Swimming in ocean or freshwater lake (surf guards in July & August)
• Golf at the world class Highlands Links
• Soccer field, tennis court, playground and canteen at beach
• Nearby in Ingonish: whale tours, craft shops
• Visit with Parks Canada mascot, Parka, explore the beach with a park guide, puppet shows, Lake Safari. Nearby: daily guided coastal walks and adventure night hikes ($14.70) mid-June to mid September, geocaching. Get the whole family involved in geocaching to find Parka’s hat and learn to identify 5 native trees. Earn a Parks Canada souvenir and have a tonne of fun!
There are several walking/hiking trails including:
Freshwater Lake - an easy walk around the lake -great for strollers.
• Franey Mountain – it’s a climb but the reward is a panoramic view from the top.
• Middle Head - walk on a stubborn rocky headland between two bays.
GPS location: N46 39.239 W60 24.043
Facilities / Services
• Wheelchair accessible
• Bilingual/Multilingual staff available
• Pets welcome
• Flush toilets
• Showers (Free)
• Cooking shelters
• Open sites
• Shaded sites
• Swimming (lake)
• Swimming (ocean)
This property accepts American Express, Mastercard, Visa, Debit card.
Activities: Fishing, Hiking, Golfing
Admission: plus park entry fee; discount for 7 nights or more.
$26 to $28
Activities: Fishing • Hiking • Kayaking
Approved By: NS Approved
Amenities: Cooking Shelter • Flush Toilets • Open Sites • Shaded Sites • Showers - Free • Swimming - Lake • Swimming - Ocean • Unserviced
Government Level: National
Pets Policy: Pets Welcome
Other Info: plus park entry fee; discount for 7 nights or more.