Located in the Cape Breton Highlands National Park, this is a quiet family campground with the mountains as a backdrop by the Chéticamp River. Approximately 8 km north of the village of Chéticamp.
122 sites (most have fireplaces) with 69 tenting, 24 hook-up sites (E, W, Se; 15 & 30 amp),14 with electrical, 10 oTENTiks and 5 equipped camping sites. Accessible sites are available.
• Washrooms with hot showers and flush toilets
• Potable water
• Kitchen shelters with picnic tables and wood stoves
• Visitor Centre close by with nature bookstore and family corner and Wi-Fi
• Nearby in Cheticamp (10 minutes): laundry, camping supplies, internet, groceries, gas station, and restaurants
• Cell phone reception varies within campground Activities:
• Interpretive programming in July and August including nature presentations, discovery zones, tea talks and a weekly campfire.
• Nearby: daily guided plant walks ($7.30) and adventure night hikes ($14.70) mid-June to mid-September, geocaching.
• In Cheticamp: golf, sandy swimming beach, cultural museums, whale tours, craft shops.
• Get the whole family involved in geocaching to find Parka’s hat and learn to identify 5 native trees. Earn a Parks Canada souvenir and have a ton of fun! There are several walking/hiking trails, including:
• Acadian for panoramic views of the coastline
• Salmon Pools for an easier hike along the river.
• Skyline (a 15-minute drive away) for a truly magnificent view of ocean & mountains.
Reservations: (877) 737-3783 ( May 20 - Oct 10 )
GPS Location: N46 39.121 W60 57.211
Facilities / Services:
• Bilingual/Multilingual staff available
• Pets welcome
• Flush toilets
• Showers (Free)
• Electrical hook-up
• Sewage hook-up
• Water hook-up
• Cooking shelter
• Open sites
• Shaded sites Detailed Information:
• This property accepts American Express, Mastercard, Visa, Debit card.
• Activities: Fishing, Hiking
• Admission: Plus park entry fee; discount for 7 nights or more.
• Directions: North of Chéticamp at park entrance.
$26 to $39
Activities: Fishing • Hiking
Approved By: NS Approved
Amenities: Cooking Shelter • Electrical Hookup • Flush Toilets • Open Sites • Playground • Pull Throughs • Sewage Hookup • Shaded Sites • Showers - Free • Unserviced • Water Hookup
Features: Multilingual • Wheelchair Accessible
Government Level: National
Pets Policy: Pets Welcome
Other Info: plus park entry fee; discount for 7 nights or more.
Directions: North of Chéticamp at park entrance.