Part of the Cape Breton Highlands National Park, MacIntosh Brook Campground is nestled in the Grande Anse Valley, a hardwood valley between North and MacKenzie Mountains, 5 km from Pleasant Bay.
Description: A wide open, grassy area with 10 unserviced sites.
• Washrooms with flush toilets
• Large kitchen shelter with wood stoves
Pay by self- registration or at Park Visitor Centres.
There are several walking/hiking trails nearby:
• MacIntosh Brook for a walk in old growth forest along the river to a waterfall
• Lone Shieling to see a replica of a Scottish crofters hut
• Benjie’s Lake to stroll through boreal forest to a quite lake where moose can sometimes be seen.
GPS Location: N46 48.753 W60 46.063
$22 to $22
Activities: Fishing • Hiking
Approved By: NS Approved
Amenities: Cooking Shelter • Flush Toilets • Open Sites • Pit Toilet • Playground • Unserviced
Government Level: National
Pets Policy: Pets Welcome
Other Info: plus park entry fee; discount for 7 nights or more. reservations not accepted.