The Kentville Farmers' Market began in 2007 as a joint project of the Town of Kentville and the Wolfville Farmers’ Market. Today, the market is open year-round, every Wednesday, rain, shine, snow, or sleet, from 10am – 2pm!
From May to October, the market is located in downtown Centre Square, a large paved and cobblestone parking area with trees and a community gazebo surrounded on four sides by Main Street, Webster Street, Aberdeen Street and Cornwallis Street. You can enter Centre Square from either Main Street or Webster Street. Look for our signs on market day!
From mid-October until late-April, the market is located in the Town Hall Recreation Centre, located across the street from Centre Square, at 350 Main Street.
The market boasts over 30 vendors, a commitment to 100% local Nova Scotian product, weekly live music, free children’s art activities during the summer, showcasing of local not-for-profit organizations, an information booth, market store, ample free parking, customer bistro seating and a great excuse to spend a Wednesday in Kentville!
The Market's vendors bring a wide range of products to our market, with an emphasis on local production and locally-sourced ingredients for both artisan and food producers. On any given day, you are likely to find a wide and inspiring selection of
• freshly-picked vegetables, herbs, fruits and other produce;
• home-baking, sweets, desserts, and French and German bakery breads and specialities;
• local meats, sausages, and eggs;
• plants, flowers, bedding plants, and seeds;
• fair-trade coffee, organic tea, and local wines
• several unique and ethnic lunch and prepared food items;
• artisan-quality craftware and jewelry;
• gifts, children’s wear, souvenirs, textiles, and photography;
• bath and body care, soaps, and herbal products;
• jams, jellies, and preserves; and always much, much more!